Festival season is nearly here! From muddy Glastonbury to posh Wireless, whatever the place, occassion or music, we all wait for these events. It's more then just pure music apprecciation, it's time to go crazy, forget about everyday rules, and eventually mingle with celebrities!
Now, what to take with you to stay safe, warm and comfy? There are two secrets to festival fashion:
Festival goers know there are far more important issues then looking good - first of all you need to feel comfy to enjoy music - often in rainy weather, cold or late at night! Check the weather forecast before you take off and pack accordingly
STYLE IS A BONUS, NOT A NECCESSITY - anything goes, so go crazy!
- Wellies - opt for plain version rather then novelty prints as flowery wellies will make you look like farmers' market reject
- Casual dresses / tunics - easy way to make an outfit, and they look awesome with wellies!
- Scruffy pants / Skinnies to hide dirt
- Warm jumper / Hoody
- Few T shirts you can layer - when it gets warmer, simply take some off!
- Sun protection - hats / sunglasses - you will be outdoors all day!
- Bottle opener - keep it always with you, it's magic tool on festival ground that will help you make new friends
- Pack more socks and clean pants then you think you'll need
- Few bikinis - which will look good under strapless or halterneck dresses, and will mean you can shower under water pump without stripping
Appearing as if you have made too much effort is so not cool though. The best approach is to carefully plan some outfits at home (styling yourself in a humid tent by torchlight is not advised), make sure you have few fancy dress accessories, then forget about grooming and fashion once you arrive.
Leave straighteners at home - looking a bit scruffy around the edges is what's it all about!
Now Few Practicalities:
Pack light, it is usually dark (festivals are often held in rural locations away from city lights) - you will need torch to get to your tent / car after dark
Washing facilities will be very limited, so pack clothes with 'staying power' and do not show the dirt - we recommend dark color Skinnies (you can easily fit these into wellies!), printed Tees and Hoodies - they disguise any stains way beter then plain clothes
Take several light layers, weather can be changeable, as well as temperature
Take this opportunity to experiment, you can get away with anything! Most importantly, enjoy yourself and make awesome memories!