Sunday 18 July 2010

Fancy a Piercing but parents say NO?

We all love changing our look every now and again - new hair, heavy make up, new clothing style... We also like trying something more permanent - tatoos, piercing, hair dye (maybe not super permanent change, but still tricky to get rid of when it goes wrong). Now, how to convince your parents you really want to get piercing, dye your hair, or start wearing something new and different?

We collected few really helpful (and tested!) tips from you, check them out now and if you've got any of your own tips too, share them with us!


"If you want to convince your parents you really want piercing, try doing things to get them change their minds. Such as getting good grades cleaning without them asking if u do things such as smoking, drinking, or even drugs, try to stop, so you can show them that u can be responsible. If they see a change in you, they might feel the need to reward you."


"I wanted a lip piercings but my mom wouldn't approve. I tried convincing her into it, but she kept saying no. So I went against her and pierced my lip myself. She was disappointed in me, but I talked to her. It was just a stud, and the one thing that got her to let me keep it was "you have tattoos, those are permanent. I can take out the piercings, if you're scarred." ha, it worked. And now I have snakebites. I guess you can pull that line if your parents have tattoos. :D"


"Try getting the magnet piercing first and then tell your parents it's real - note their reaction and if they are like gasp about it, take them out and show them, but if they don't make too big of deal about it just tell them that they are real and later go get them done 4 real..."


"What I did to convince my parents was I went online and got all the info about taking care of piercing and the cost and everything and showed it to them to prove I had thought about it and knew what I was getting into so they knew I was serious about it and that it wasn't just a phase or something I wanted because one of my friends had it done..."


"Well, if you pay for it with your own money and tell them that you will help out around the house I'm sure they will let you. I'm 17, I'll be 18 in february.. but with my parents if you pay for it then its okay, they wouldn't like it if i did but once it's done they get over it eventually... so good luck!"


"You could say that's the only thing you want for christmas or your birthday. oh and comprimises are good too. example: my mom wants me to have good grades, so i asked her.. "so if i get all straight A's will you let me dye my hair purple?" and she said yes. something like that sort of comprimise. good luck :)"

1 comment: